Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Dr appointment

Went to the dr. yesterday. Nothing exciting. Had to give some blood for the AFT (I think?) testing - I hate having blood drawn :( She found the heartbeat right away this time so I was glad for that!
I gained 5 pounds this month -- I was NOT glad for that :cry: but she said that really isn't that bad & not to worry about it.
I complained to her again bout my headaches. Told her how they keep me from functioning like a normal person! I seriously don't think anyone understands -- unless they get horrible headaches like these. She said "You know you can take Tylenol for that" I almost cried! I was like "I know!! It doesn't help!!" grrrrrrr! Anyway, she ended up giving me a presription for Tylenol with codeine. She gave me 15 with no refills & said she hoped that would last me thru the rest of the pregnancy. Um, 6 more months. hmmmm OK! I had just got done telling her about the 5 day headadhe that was just passing!
Anyway she said it is totally safe and that they don't worry about it causing birth defects they worry about people over using it & the baby coming out addicted to it! That is kinda scarey but, I don't know how much of it I will take anyway. In my experience with the Tylenol 3's they don't do much for me anyway -- I think because I get so many headaches and have for so many years, I have taken so much pain medication that I have a really high tolerancy for it. So, we'll see.
*but* I get my ultrasound in a few weeks to find out if it's a boy or a girl:):)

2 comments:

CK Photo said...

I understand hormone headaches. :hug: they are terrible.

Rebecca said...

I hope you get some relief from your headaches soon. Glad you had a good appt!