
We went to see my Grandma the day before Christmas Eve. I took some pictures --actually Trent took them. I have put some of the pics on my picture site (link in the side bar).
It was nice to go. I hadn't seen her since last Christmas which is way to long. Over the summer the dr's told us she wasn't going to live more then a week and I didn't handle it very well at all. I had just had Logan and was still having some post-pardum issues and I wasn't handling things very well emotionally and I couldn't bring myself to go see her like that. I knew it was the right decision for me at the time. And I told my Mom to tell her I loved her and that I had a hard time going to see her like that and she told my Mom to tell me she understood (which of course made me cry).
Well, my Mom and Aunt had to move her to a different home at that time because the home she was in wasn't licensed for hospice care. And the new home is awesome! I think she gets better care there.
Anyway, I am glad to have seen her and she knew who I was and was able to have a little bit of conversation with me so that made me really happy. She held Logan for a few mintues but he was squirmy and crying so I had to take him back but she really wanted to hold him more :) And Ryan (my brother), Kara (his girlfriend) and his daughters came too. So she got to see everyone all at once. But she seemed to enjoy having us all there. We only stayed for about an hour because we weren't sure how much commotion she could handle. I think we are all happy to have been able to get together as a family and see her :)

No comments:
Post a Comment