Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas

Our Christmas was good -- presents were plentiful LOL Here is a pic of us Christmas morning in our Christmas jammies :)


The kids got tons of stuff! We could hardly walk in the living room :)

We got these blocks for the kids (Trent calls them mailman blocks, that is what they were called in his fam when he was a kid), and instead of wrapping them, on Xmas Eve we put them all together (they arrives flat & had to be folded into their shapes) & Trent covered the doorway into the living room with them so the boys had to bust thru them in the morning to get to their presents (this also prevented James from getting up before everyone else & peeking LOL)

James got a lot, altho not as many presents as in years past -- the things he wants are just to expensive!! But we talked to him about it ahead of time & he knew he wouldn't have as many gifts to open but, that he was not being shorted in any way! This is just some of what he got, 3 video games, a football, a new dresser (that was not very exciting to him LOL), electronic Monopoly, Kenzie gave him a bank that counts change as you put it in & tells you how much money is in the bank & Logan gave him a Wii controller. And his big present was that we got him a cell phone! He did not expect it at all. And we tricked him -- we hid it IN the tree and after everyone was done opening & we were cleaning up I called it & he couldn't figure out where the noise was coming from & he got so excited when he realized that it was a phone that was for him! It was great!



Logan had a cold so it wasn't AS exciting as we thought it would be. He tired out rather quickly & got kinda sick of the opening. He just wanted to play with what he had in front of him :) He got so much stuff!! Logan was definitely the easiest of the 3 to buy for! Just to list some of what he got, a magna doodle, a sit & spin (that makes noise), a power wheels (this is not going outside til we have a better yard for him to play in), some Legos & James got him a bouncy zebra (pic below, but this pic was actually taken on new years) & Kenzie gave him a Mr Potato Head
Kenize was more of a challenge to buy for -- really what do you buy for a 1 month old? She got mostly clothes & baby toys, altho she won't care about the toys for another month or 2 at least :) We got her a really nice wooden toy box, James gave her a baby book (since I forgot to get her one before she was born -- baby brain I guess) & Logan gave her a baby toy mirror that hangs in her crib for her to look at, in the picture below Logan is playing with it :). Oh, & we bought her a wipes warmer LOL I never bought one for the boys but they were both born in the summer, her wipes are always so super cold, I always feel bad for her & she gets so upset about the cold of them so, we got her a warmer :) and she fell asleep halfway thru present opening :)


Logan & Kenize received Shrek 3 from Santa & we got them a slide & swing castle (pictures below). Logan loves the slide, of course K can't play on it yet, but when she can it is hers as well :) & for right now we are keeping it inside but when we move & have a backyard that is good for the kids to play it, it will probably be moved outside unless we are lucky enough to end up with a play room or something.

We got James & Logan a HUGE bowling pin set!! There is a pic of it below -- it is huge! Logan has so much fun with it -- he likes it more than James does I think :)
James & Trent received Guitar Hero 3 & 2 guitars from Santa :) They were thrilled!!We got a PSP for Trent that he has been wanting for quite a while (altho I think James has played it more than Trent has) & some clothes & shoes.
I got some Xmas socks (this seems to have become a tradition), a huge Starbucks coffee mug, some Starbucks Peppermint syrup, a gift cert. to my local scrapping store & a Rolodex I had been asking for -- my real gift will be a laptop that we will be buying within the next month or so :) I cannot wait!!!

We had our traditional monkey bread for breakfast & made hot chocolate w/ my peppermint syrup. My mom came over for dinner, and we exchanged gifts afterwards with her. James got a carem (sp?) board & stand, Trent got a shop vac/leaf blower that he had been asking for, I got a wireless mouse & keyboard for my puter (which i love!!) & Logan got a kids tool bench & some wooden puzzles. She gave Kenzie a savings bond (K really didn't need any more clothes so this is perfect!) We gave my Mom a digital picture album that she really wanted (hopefully we will be able to figure the thing out & help her get some pictures on there soon)

All in all it was a nice day. It was great to not have to go anywhere. The kids were able to stay at home & play with all their goodies & we didn't have the stress of holiday traffic or grouchy babies. It was great!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a great Christmas Bethany!!
My Kenzie has that bouncing Zebra-she goes crazy on it-its so funny. I never thought of the sit and spin-I bet Logan will love it!!!
Sara

Carla said...

WOW awesome pictures........love all the gifts...everyone looks so cute in their PJ's!

Mrs. Eslick said...

It looks like a fun Christmas. I love that yall built the wall for them to bust through and I love the phone in the tree idea. Lots of goodies for everyone.

Fake

Cathy said...

Holy cow!!! You had a full house full of presents! I'm glad that you all had a wonderful time!!!

Can I hold your baby????

Yvette Pupo-Heredia said...

What fun! I love that wall for them to bust through very fun!! Briana has that slide & swing and she loves it.

SuzyQ said...

Looks like you all had lots of fun. You got some great gifts. Glad you had a Happy Holiday!

Tamara Wheeler said...

looks like a lot of fun bethany. Love the mini swing set.

Just Me said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas was had by all!

La- said...

WOW! Looks like a really nice holiday!