Trent had been going to see his Grandpa a lot since the lung cancer diagnosis a couple of months ago. He had just been to see him on Sunday and he had actually gone by himself that time & I am glad he did so he was able to have some private time with his Grandpa before he passed.
The funeral plans and everything haven't been made yet.
We will miss Richard a lot. I am very greatful for the time that my kids had with him and the memories we were able to make with him over the past few months.
You all know that I am a huge picture person, so was Richard. He was always happy to sit with the kids for a picture. He knew how important it is to preserve those memories. So here are some of the pics we took in our more recent trips


I had blown this picture up to 8.5x11 for Richard -- he went on & on about how much he loved this picture of him & Logan :) I am glad that I was able to do that for him & that he enjoyed it so much!


and these pics aren't so recent but I just love the story behind them. This is Trent & his Grandpa at our wedding, in May of 2005, I am so glad our photographer thought to take this pic. This was before the ceremony so Trent hadn't seen me yet.......
but I had seen him (heehee) if you look closely right above Trents right shoulder at the white blinds you can see they are kind of messed up.......because that's me looking out at him :) I remember saying "Oh look Jarid (our photog) is taking a pic of Trent & his Grandpa" I know the date is all screwed up on this pic, the camera hadn't had the date set on it I guess.
We will miss Richard so much & Trent & I appreciate all the love & support we have been getting from our families & friends during this.

7 comments:
big hugs sistah - it is such a hard thing to lose someone that seems like thay have always been a part of your life. i'm so happy for all of you that he got to spend the time he did with his grandson and his great grandkids. those times are priceless and a way for you to have him with you forever. prayers to you and your family chica, know that he will be watching over you and your new little girl forever.
Hugs for all of you. It is great that you were able to get some great pictures of him with all of you and the kids. He is going to give baby girl some big kisses before she makes her debut.
I am sorry for your families lose! Big {{{HUGS}}} to you all. What wonderful memories you have. When one life is taken another one comes along. You are going to be so blessed!
Bethany --my thoughts and prayers are with you guys! {hugs}
Big hugs heading your way. There is so much I want to say to you but this really brings back painful memories of my grandmas passing. Right now all I can do is ((((HUGS)))) and ((((HUGS))))
I am so sorry for your loss. It's wonderful that you have some great photos of him and that you will have those memories with you forever. Big hugs to you and your family.
Im so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs to all of you. I think its great that you have pictures of those special times with him:)
Post a Comment